How to deal with motion sickness?

I've had severe motion sickness since I was little and I never knew how to prevent/cure it. When the motion sickness kicks in, my head hurts extremely bad and I have to lay down and I vomit here and there and fall in and out of sleep. I've tried medicine but that doesn't work. I've never been able to travel far; so I've only been around the city that I live in. I want to be able to travel and live my life but I can't seem to stop having motion sickness. Does anyone have motion sickness and how do you stop it? Please help.

• drip
    1 day ago

Motion sickness makes you dizzy.  Dramamine and Bonine are made to help the dizziness.   So those medications are not going to help with an extremely bad headache.  They won’t help with an upset stomach.  That sounds more like a migraine kicking in.  Motion sickness is being dizzy.  The Dramamine helps with the dizziness, which in turn help you not be nauseous.   

Dry ginger ale helps my stomach. Also peppermint tea, 

You need to talk to a doctor

• Ludwig

Scopalamine pills.

• hihi!

If this is car, bus, train sickness, do not read or stare at your phone constantly. Look at the surrounding MOVING scenery. At night, look out at lights afar. That may not be YOUR problem, but no other answer addressed this issue.

You've tried the medications but they don't help.  There are wrist bands that apply pressure on your wrist that are supposed to help with motion sickness.  You might try one of those.

• Claire2 months agoReport

I've tried those too but they didn't work.

ask your doctor what you can take for it

Try eating ginger or drinking ginger ale. I once had a fluorescein IV and as soon as it entered my bloodstream, I had this urge to vomit. I didn’t but the nurse told me to drink some ginger ale and that seemed to work. Now every time I have to get the injection, I’ll drink a ginger ale before the procedure. 

I also drink it when I get nauseous during the winter for whatever reason.