Sold my old jeep on Craigslist, took the ad down. Why did people keep calling?

I had a temporary number with T-Mobile for 30 days.

I had sold my jeep in 20 min.  I took the ad down.  I still had about 15 calls about the jeep a week after the ad was removed.  Why would someone go on the "archive" site and call about ads that are no longer? Everyone knows cars sell in less than one day on Craigslist (jeeps sell in one hour).

I did not judge them for their enthusiasm.  The guy who bought my jeep said his daughter loved the color and customization, and wanted it so bad that he had to have it.

People looking may be looking for others so pass the information along.  Also no one knows that cars sell in less than 1 day.  It depends on the car and the cost. Some people just hope.

Not a Jeep category question.

People save and print pages or write information down.

Quote:  "Everyone knows cars sell in less than one day on Craigslist" 

.

FALSE.

• Marvin

Cars that anyone wants sell in a day on Craigslist.  If you have an Yugo, or an Audi then I guess you will be stuck with it a while.

You would be surprised by how often a buyer can pick up a bargain with that strategy. Although they may expect you already sold the vehicle it doesnt take very long to make 10-20 calls and they may find a seller whose vehicle didnt sell and they are willing to drop the price.

Apparently the ad was still there.  This is Craiglist we are talking about.  Not unusual.

• Eastside Guz

Its not unusual (not a Tom Jones song) for me when I'm renting rooms sometimes in my house.