Ok. simple question about gun control in america.?

Do you have the right to bear arms. Yes.

is this wrong. no.

but should regulations as simple as a licencing to stop mass shootings and just ensure that guns are in the hands of people who are mentally stable be brought in?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Licensing only allows the next Hitler to collect the guns from the groups that are destined for the gas chambers.

It is less than worthless.

Background checks can be fooled by phony ID and "Straw Man" purchases.

There is only one cure for mass shootings, and that is to add enough armed persons to the mix so EVERY mass murderer is shot down by other members of the public.

I don't think there are that many volunteers, yet.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Things like "red flag" laws don't work in a society with very little mental health intervention. It's fine to say you won't sell guns to people who've been diagnosed with mental illness but when millions are walking around mentally ill without diagnosis (as is just a fact in the US) I'm not sure these things will help that much.

• JOHN B
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

They are already in. There are over 4,000 laws already on the books that cover every possible scenario twice over. Every person must pass a background check. That is designed to disqualify those who should not be allowed to own a gun. 

You cannot legislate how a person obeys the law any more than you can legislate how a person will drive their car.

• 3 months ago

lICENSING IS NOT GOING TO stop any law breaker OR MENTAL PERSON... 

'

hOW ABOUT STOPPING THE political correct bs AND hiding peoples medical records AND make it a law.. anyone, any age no matter who IF THEY ARE on any kind of mind altering drug, any psy. care, etc. IS ON A NATIONAL LIST OF do not sale OR ANYONE WHO IS DIAGNOSED AS hAVING any kind of mental condition CANNOT BUY A WEAPON.. 'Anyone who has ever had a DRUG CHARGE or ALCOHOL CHARGE for being drunk, High , etc. cannot buy a gun.. ANY KID no matter their AGE is on the LIST of people on MENTAL DRUGS and cannot buy a gun...' MAKE IT FOR LIFE... 'Never CLOSE or hide anyone's medical or mental fitness records and MAKE EVERYTHING OPEN to whomever wants to check them out.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Yes. They should make sure that people with guns are mentally ok. 

I honestly don’t get the whole appeal of guns, unless you collect them as a hobby or something. If you’re into them, then keep them, just don’t go shooting townfolk.

Edit: what I mean as a hobby is collecting them or something. I don’t want people to go killing people though.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Only Criminals are Not permitted to have one! 

Pray to God about this. 

• 3 months ago

Every time someone tries to buy a gun in they have to go through a back ground check by the FBI. Also there are over 23,000 different laws on the books now dealing with gun and the rights and restrictions about buying them.  Every time a gun is used in a mass killing there is always going to be those that claim it is an assault weapon or one that is only used by the military.  Not factual in 99% of the cases but that is what the left and media always claim. I have no problem with people having to take gun safety classes when buying a gun.  Taught it for many years.

Former SSgt.

• 3 months ago

the problem is who gets to decide what "reasonable regulation" means...

for example, a couple years ago the State of NY attempted to have anyone who had ever sought counseling for depression or PTSD (the two most common mental health conditions in America) put on a list of people deemed "mentally unfit" for gun ownership... what's more, the state wanted to require doctors and mental health professionals to report anyone who sought counseling for these conditions so that their names could be put on a permanent state registry whether or not they ever intended to purchase a gun for any reason...

the people who opposed these rather over-reaching measures were called "gun nuts" and attacked with "why do you want crazy people to have guns?"...

...even today, politicians who opposed the measure have to face opponents who claim they "put guns in the hands of the mentally ill"...

should we have reasonable regulation?  certainly.... but let's not just sit back and have blind faith in those in power and let them make all the decisions without listening to all viewpoints...

• 3 months ago

I have to pass a background check to buy a firearm.

What if I paid you $500.00 cash to buy a gun in YOUR name for me?

Would you do it??????

DON'T tell me gang bangers travel to other states to buy guns and get approved!!!!

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Sure Louis ... if you can explain how "licensing" will stop mass shootings.  That's your challenge.

Every time there is a shooting, people scream "something must be done".  But no one, not democrats and not republicans, can define what that "something" is.  If licensing would stop mass shootings We The People would be all for it.  If you can figure out what "something" is, a Nobel Peace Prize awaits you. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.