dangelo h asked in SportsBasketball · 3 months ago

Charles Barkley or Kevin Garnett?

Who is the better player in their primes based on each of these categories.

Better Leader

Better Shooter

Better Free Throw Shooter

Better Passer

Better Shot Blocker

Better Clutch Performer

Better I.Q.

Better Playoff Performer

Durability

More Athletic

Better Dunker

KG was better at the PF position. Charles was the better all around basketball player. 

Charles Barkley was a hair better than Kevin Garnett. KG was better on D. Charles was better on Offense, more dominant, a better passer, rebounder, and better in the playoffs. 

• Bob

KG was much better on defense, and because all players play around half of the time on D is a better overall player, he also got the most that he could out of his abilities and Barkley did not.

KG was better on defense. Charles was better overall. 

Both were athletic. Charles was incredibly athletic to be as heavy and undersized as he was. It's how he managed to dominate larger opponents and get so many rebounds. I would say edge goes to Charles.

KG did not have an alpha personality and I never saw him as a team leader. Charles was immature starting out in Philly but grew up a bit and was the 93 Suns leader. They won over 60 games. Edge goes to Charles.

Scoring and rebounding also clearly go to Charles

Playoffs I would also give the nod to Charles. KG had years that he was great in the post season and other years where he struggled 

KG gets the wins on shot blocking, free throws and game I.Q. Charles was not a dumb player but he was stubborn.

Dunks. Charles for sure.