Why do my lights not flash anymore when I lock/unlock my car?

I have a 2006 Honda Accord & just yesterday I noticed my lights don’t flash when I lock or unlock my car. They usually flash once when locked & twice when unlocked. The horn beeps still on the second press of the button as it should but no lights flash anymore. I have turned the hazards on & they all work. Why would this happen all the sudden?

Update:

They were working fine the other day. There is no switch to turn this on or off, this car isn’t that advanced, it’s 14 years old.

Update 2:

It was a blown fuse under the hood labeled “Small Lights”

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favourite answer

Wire short maybe...............

• xaktly2 months agoReport

It was a blown fuse under the hood labeled      “Small Lights”

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 2 months ago

Just make sure the headlights work properly at night time and then ignore this issue. Not worth any price to get that unimportant function back.

• 2 months ago

Try it at night. My lights don't flash in the daytime when locking or unlocking my car but they do flash and the back up lights stay on for 30 seconds to light the area around the rear of my car when unlocking it at night.

• k w
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

a defect in the alarm system...the dealer usually farms out the alarm job, so you may have the alarm guy there, and he likely takes time to do servicing on the alarm, just call the dealer and ask....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • car253
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The batteries in the remote may be bad or the there may be an electrically short.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.