Are there any safe and easy ways to fake tan?

I’m quite pale and don’t get a lot of sun, I used to use fake tan but I kept getting streaks or it went patchy very easily and I found it very time consuming and couldn’t keep up with doing it every few days. Tanning beds don’t really appeal to me and I’ve heard tanning pills can be dangerous, is there anything I can do that will get me a natural looking tan that won’t go streaky or patchy and won’t be a pain to keep up with?

Don't listen to the idiot below. Fake tan can look good and it doesn't cause cancer. Only sunbeds pose a risk of cancer. I am super pale and redheaded so I can never usually find a fake tan to suit my skin tone however I did eventually find one that is a gradual tan so you can build it up to the desired colour. It's called Bondi Sands gradual tanning foam. It's great and does exactly what you're looking for. Costs about £12.99

Tans are going out of fashion. Seriously. Skin cancer is never fashionable, fake tans look terrible, and everything else; sun, beds, are dangerous, so you're right about that. Wear SPF when you go out and skip everything. Nothing wrong with being pale. I don't know why people think this is so embarrassing. Looking fake and dark beyond your natural skin tone and orange is not appealing. Having healthy skin, whatever color you may be, IS appealing.