I say that if people want to go back to their normal lives they just need to do a couple things?
First, sign a waiver that by breaking quarantine, you agree to NO MEDICAL ASSISTANCE if you get Covid.
Second, if it can be proven through contact tracing, that YOU gave Covid to someone else, they have the right to sue for damages.
Third, a 10% tax on resuming businesses and employees to fund the continued quarantine for those at extreme risk.
So? Who's up for it?
Obviously the contards can't sniff out sarcasm...nice replies so far.
- StephenWeinsteinLv 74 months ago
That is a really bad idea and make things even worse than if they didn't need to do those things.
1. No medical assistance would mean that they would infect more others than if they got medical assistance. About 80% of patients don't need any hospital care, and most of the patients who get ventilators die anyway. Medical assistance doesn't really make a big difference in whether the person lives or dies; but it's important in order to protect others.
2. Allowing the person to sue would lead those who want money and are confident that they would survive the infection to get infected deliberately, on purpose, so that they would be able to sue the person who infected them.
3. Supermarkets and grocery stores don't make enough to pay the tax, so many would close, and there would be food shortages. On the other hand, for many businesses, such as movie theaters, the 10% tax would not be enough to offset the harm that they would do by reopening.
- Anonymous4 months ago
So what you're saying is that during a pandemic we need MORE lawsuits, MORE taxes and LESS medical care.
You're dumber than Trump.
By the way, contact tracing doesn't "prove" anything.
- SumDudeLv 74 months ago
lol. YOU can get the coronavirus just by going to the store. You also need to realize that it is imperative for people to get sick and recover to create herd immunity so that selfish you can safely leave your house in the future.
- D.E.B.S.Lv 74 months ago
1. No waiver is needed. The quarantine is not legal. It's instituted by 'rules' and fear. In a few cases there have been fines or arrests, but give it time and those can be overturned.
2. That's just stupid. You know there is zero chance that it can be traced back. If you touch a gas pump which has is and then touch a banana at the store you are the problem. How much time and money do you want to spend figuring out if it went pump to banana or banana to pump? Just stupid.
3. TAXES, TAXES, TAXES!!!!!! That solves everything because the government obviously knows best what to do with our hard earned money.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- Anonymous4 months ago
That's probably one of the most stupid things I've heard but you're not the first to suggest it, or course. I'm sure the person who made it up feels very smart and proud, but:
1. There's no way to tell where someone picks up a virus. Was it from getting a haircut or buying essential items at a grocery store?
2. A lot of people only have health insurance through their jobs, so telling them to stay home from work or not receive medical care is ironic.
3. Most sick people contribute to their own illness in some manner. Everyone with so much as a common cold did something "wrong" to get it. Are we going to start refusing to treat heart attack victims who are overweight? Car crash victims who were going ten miles over the speed limit?
4. Are the other side going to sign a document to PAY ALL EXPENSES indefinitely for people forced to stay home?
5. The virus is never going away, whether we stay home longer or not.
6. Why can huge companies (Target/Walmart) operate safely, but small businesses are forced to close?
7. We know how this virus is spread and can take common sense precautions against it.
8. People who are well-funded and choose to stay home absolutely CAN. I'm not forcing you to come out of your home or interact with me in any way. Order everything online and Lysol it on your doorstep until the end of time if you'd like to.
- Diane ALv 74 months ago
Boy is that impossible to enforce, and if people think staying home is infringing on their rights, this would smak of police state.