is there an app that i can install on my desktop/iphone and ipad and send messages between all three under my wifi?

my desktop runs windows 10. i'm basically looking for a home version of Jabber that works with apple and microsoft products. 

By a message do you mean something like a text message or are looking for the ability to say post a note on one and have it appear on the others automatically?

I have an iPad/iPhone and MacBook.  When using Apples messages application, providing all are logged into iCloud any messages I send or receive will appear on all three.

Apple also has an application called "notes", which I can record stuff on - say a grocery list.  Then if I save it to iCloud I can get that note from any of the three devices, providing they are connected to iCloud.  

I don't know if there is a messages or notes for Windows, assuming you're using MS Windows?  There is iCloud support for Windows.