The construct of "Hell" by religions presents a control method using fear and a complete lack of logic, correct?

Primitive man, who invented religions, had no mathematical conceptions of truly massive numbers such as 'eternity'. Any person who has taken math in school SHOULD be able to see the ridiculousness of spending eternity in hell. In the times these stories were invented, the average life span was much lower than today. If you were to commit a 'sin' in an average life, you would then be sentenced to Hell. All you bible beaters KNOW all of the passages in your book that claim an eternity of suffering. The largest number that you can fathom, ten to the exponent ten trillion let's say, is still just a blip on the timeline of 'eternity'. Can you grasp that? The immense amount of time suffering in Hell for breaking rules made BY MEN FOR MEN is unjust, unfair, and vastly cruel.

But He loves me right?

A serial killer wipes out your entire family, he is sentenced to death and just as the needle goes in he asks God for forgiveness, repents ALL of his sins, and when YOU get to heaven, you can hang out with him and your murdered relatives! Sounds GRRRREAT!

Any way you look at it, it just doesn't make sense.

Update:

I don't accept quotes from the control method. ALL religion is MADE UP by man.

The fallacy that states, "If it's in my Book, it's true." is ridiculous. Every religion contradicts most of the others. So how much of humanity worship 'false gods'?

18 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favourite answer

You have let-the-cat-out-of-the-bag....

Faith is glued together by fear....

Now everybody knows...

• 4 months ago

MAKE NO MISTAKE WHAT GOD SAYS HE MEANS>>>

JESUS TALKED MORE ABOUT HELL, THAN HE DID OF HEAVEN, PLEASE READ ALL THIS,

The doctrine of hell is so frightening that numerous heretical sects end up denying the reality of an eternal hell. The Unitarian-Universalists, the Seventh-day Adventists, the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Christadelphians, the Christian Scientists, the Religious Scientists, the New Agers, and the Mormons—all have rejected or modified the doctrine of hell so radically that it is no longer a serious threat. In recent decades, this decay has even invaded mainstream Evangelicalism, and a number of major Evangelical figures have advocated the view that there is no eternal hell—the wicked will simply be annihilated.

But the eternal nature of hell is stressed in the New Testament. For example, in Mark 9:47–48 Jesus warns us, "[I]t is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into hell, where the worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched." And in Revelation 14:11, we read: "And the smoke of their torment goes up for ever and ever; and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name."

Hell is not just a theoretical possibility. Jesus warns us that real people go there. He says, "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few" (Matt. 7:13–14).

Jesus talked about hell more often than he talked about heaven. Here are some verses.

The children of the kingdom will be driven out into the darkness where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth (Mt 8:12).

Depart from me, you accursed, into that eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels (Mt 25:41).

These will pay the penalty of eternal ruin, separated from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power (2 Thes 1:9).

God did not spare the angels who fell into sin; he thrust them down to hell, chained them there in the abyss, to await their sentence in torment (2 Pt 2:4).

The smoke of the fire that torments them will rise forever and ever, and there will be no relief day or night for those who worship the beast or its image or accept the mark of its name (Rv 14:11).

• 4 months ago

TRUE.... if you accept the idea that HELL is a place of never ending torment. But that is not something the bible supports. So don't confuse man-made bullsh*t created to control the masses with what the bible ACTUALLY says. [Unless of course - like most 'religious people' you're too fvcking lazy to find out the truth for yourself] As for ALL religion is MADE UP by man... time to pull your head out of your a*s. To declare that as if FACT just makes you look like a jackass. 

• 4 months ago

I agree with much of what you have written here, for what it's worth! However, these matters are spiritual, not physical, mental or even emotional. Besides, we can only "prove" what we can recognise. You may be able to prove to yourself that you love a certain person (partner, child, parent...) but you can't prove it to anyone else. Except, possibly, the object of that love. You cannot prove that you are in pain, have tinnitus, or other things that are not even necessarily spiritual. But you want rationality for something not subject to rationale. The closest I have ever got to understanding the infinite Creator was in an Apocryphal (gnostic) text of John. One cannot put words to the indescribable. One rather wonders about the 90+% of our brains that scientists tell us we do not use.....

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

The fact that God Himself has warned us about Hell means that it is a definite reality.

• 4 months ago

That's the trouble with soaking up man-made ideas - our finite brains just cannot grasp concepts such at eternity, and forever. I mean, can you grasp the magnitude of the size of the universe? Of course you cannot. 500 billion light years - even that is beyond understanding never mind how such a universe keeps on expanding, yet you wouldn't claim that cosmologists have invented ridiculous distances! Same with eternity.

Look at it this way. Time had to start at the moment our universe began to expand (for it takes time for expansion, as well as space.) But what if heaven and hell are other dimensions, outside of our material one? What if they are the habitations of spirit creatures and not physical ones? What if, when we step out of time and enter eternity, that is the ever-present now? You're not trying hard enough to think beyond literal words. Men who invented purgatory and hell based on Islamic, Zoroastrian and Catholic ideas should be ignored. Why do you even bother getting agitated at their nonsense? Why should what they think anger you at ideas of a wicked killer repenting at the last gasp then gets into Heaven? You don't have the explanations that are NOT man-made. You're throwing the baby out with the bath-water. It's because righteousness and justice must prevail, in tandem with love and forgiveness, that God runs everything the way He does. But already I've wasted my time with this answer. I bet you haven't even read it through to here.

• Marco
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

It is only a "threat" or "control device" to people who aren't worthy of eternity. Hell is the fire that burns the spirit and brings the second death. The part about being tortured by demons for eternity is a fantasy. You're fate is true death. 

Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

But the good news is that death doesn't have to be your fate. You can choose salvation. 

• 4 months ago

You creator has shown he able to make hot places do you love the creation more Romans 1

• Mack
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

It was the threat of Hell that made me realize there were no deities.

• Hans
    Lv 4
    4 months ago

Incorrect actually

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.