?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

Almost everyone I know doesn't trust the government so why do they believe the scare tactics now?

The numbers for corona virus just aren't there.

• Gen

true..I recall a NPR article stating 1 in 5 only trusts the govt..oh..does that article really exist? LOL.. look yourself: https://www.npr.org/2015/11/23/457063796/poll-only...

• ?

Pretty good article, you seem to be the only one here with common sense.

If that is the case, then why is half the country trying to hang this virus on President Trump? The numbers are not there because we are only about one-tenth of the way through this crisis. We could lose fifty million people world-wide and hopefully only a hundred thousand in America.

• ?

Are you guessing 50M, I'd like to able to place bets with you!

• Ray S

The numbers for corona virus just aren't there, YET.

     If you look at what's going on in New York City alone, you should be able to see what's coming your way ... And it hasn't even peaked there, yet. You call them scare tactics. But, most people view then as reasonable conclusions based on readily observable facts.

     Reagan damaged the country greatly by promoting the notion "The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help." 

• Ray S

? .. .If you're calling the current numbers the REAL numbers, then you've fooled yourself into believing that covid-19 is not much worse than your average flu. But, fact is the real numbers ARE scary.There are no media scare tactics. 100,000 to 200,00 deaths is the optimistic estimate.

• jehen

You don't know enough actual people then. Your friends are apparently trolls, twitter-bots and FOX news hosts.

• ?

No, most of the people I know actually think for themselves.

I know a few people involved in creating a 4000 bed hospital out of thin air. Can't really imagine they would be doing that if it wasn't thought necessary.

• ?

I know several nurses that just see scare tactics more than covid-19 patients.