Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

How do I get my friend back?

I used to have a dear friend that I loved in high school. He was the ultimate gay best friend, I loved him so much like he was my best friend. I somehow knew we were going to be friends forever. But one day we got into a big argument! The argument was because of a big misunderstanding to the point I had my brother come to school and confront him. I think our friendship ending was my fault... because I never explained myself and I didn’t know what was going on. Now I look back and I cry. Because I miss him so much. It’s a weird feeling....because It’s been years and I’m 28 now. We haven’t talked in years. I want to contact him... I saw his Facebook page and twitter page and Instagram. I’m so scared to send him a message. He probably still hates me. I don’t know how he is now or what he’s like or the life experiences he’s had. Should I leave him alone, or should I speak to him? It’s been such a long time and I don’t know why I miss him so much. 

• Helen

You have nothing to lose by trying. If it's still affecting you this much years later, why not take a chance?

You should consider contacting him to make amends for the past. This isn’t about you. He can either accept your sincere apology and desire to reconnect or not. If he doesn’t, move on and commit to treating others well and learning this important lesson.

tell em what u just wrote here, i apologize and i miss ur friendship,how have life been treating u...with the corona virus killing folks,life too short to hold on to past grudges.grow a pair and hit em up