Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 2 months ago

Can I download windows 10 on my Chromebook and transfer it to a USB ?

• ?

uh, no. Chromebooks are designed to run ChromeOS only. they aren't powerful enough for Windows, ESPECIALLY not Windows 10, which requires some beefy specs to run well.

Chromwbooks are nothing more than internet browsing machines, not full computers.

you get what you pay for. any laptop less than $450 is not gonna be worth it.

• POG132 months agoReport

I'm running win 10 on 2007 era Dell Latitude D830 and it hauls on you tube so...

Yes you can. But you'll need a program to make the USB bootable.

• Bill-M

Yes.  You can download the Windows 10 ISO and put it on a USB stick.  You will not be able to run it on the Chromebook.

If you want the ISO to install Windows 10 on a PC then go to the Microsoft Media Creation Tool web site and download the ISO.

• Bill

Your Chromebook might not be compatible with Windows unless the manufacturer says it is.

Should do okay if you save directly to large USB flash drive since I think most Chromebook drives are almost filled.