Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsEngagements & Weddings · 2 months ago

Don't you just hate it when people try to twist your ring off your finger when they look at it?

I understand that people are being nice when complimenting it and sometimes it's rare to get compliments on stuff like that as I've been told, but I almost find it insulting in a way when they ask to see your hand and try to twist the band off. Has this happened to absolutely anyone else in the world or just me?

I have never done this to another person before nor would I dream of it no matter how nice their ring is. I can appreciate a ring as the person lifts their hand and lets me look at their stone. I won't try to take it off nor try it on myself. I find that extremely rude, am I the only one who feels that way?

Every time I visit my mother and a certain friend of hers is over, she ALWAYS tries to twist new jewelry off my fingers, especially my engagement ring and wedding band - I like to wear both at once.

Recently, an idea came to me that if I bend my knuckles slightly downwards it makes it nearly impossible for another person to slip your ring off when they ask to see your hand 😂 I know it sounds slightly evil, but I'm just sick of people doing this with my rings.

It has happened to me and she didn't give it back.  Someone is trying to steal your ring not try it on their finger.  Make sure you have it insured just in case it gets away.

• Never happened to me either. If some one tried, I would just pull my hand away.

• Jerry

LOL, this is hilarious, a character out of a Dickens' novel. Fagin's aunt perhaps. 

And through all this "Every time I visit my mother" it never crossed your mind to simply pull your hand away? Your stories are getting crazier. 

That’s never happened to me. You just keep posting weird made up shiiiit.

• Jon

I see nothing "evil" in that idea. Etiquette doesn't require you to take rudeness, or weirdness, lying down.

Yeah especially my Bvlgari B.zero1 Rock four-band ring in 18 kt yellow gold with pavé diamonds. It's such a pain.

• Mandy

I have never had anyone try to twist my wedding rings or any rings off of my finger when asked to look at them.  That’s pretty weird.  

It's not a normal thing to do. When they try to take it off, pull your hand back and ask them what they're doing. If they're going to be rude so can you.