Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 2 months ago

I am so worried about all my summer plans now likely ruined by Coronavirus. How do I not care and move on?

It's OK to care but it'll do no good to worry about it - things are changing on a daily basis, there's no way of knowing what tomorrow or next week or two months from now will bring.

• Happy

You should not care and move on.

...And be glad that you aren't ill (YET!), that you are on the right side of the grass. How does this compare with "all my summer plans" ?

Your plans would be even more damaged if YOU were the one dying, unable to breathe and gasping desperately getting weaker without sufficient air.  Once you realize how LUCKY you are to only have a few ruined plans then moving on is easy.

You could think about people like my aunt who are on a respirator due to Coronavirus instead of focusing on yourself.

• Dr. Stephanie

...or the baby who just died, less than a year old.

• RP

Think of all the other plans you might enjoy and choose one. The virus may prove to be beneficial as it opens doors you never considered or thought were closed.

• 🦋

you pretty much have to move on

• Jon

It doesn't help to try to "not care". Acknowledge your feelings, and during those times when you feel better, make new plans.

Make new plans.  Adapting to changing circumstances is what we humans do.  At least the successful ones anyway.