What is the difference between FAITH and HOPE?

Faith means to place trust in someone or something, whether it's a blind trust or trust based on supportive reasoning. Hope is what you desire, whether in the realm of possibilities or an irrational fantasy.

• David

Not initially, but faith relies on what has been confirmed, what can be known with a degree of certainty by the evidence and detail of the context. Untested faith is not real faith, but rather a flimsy decision based on nothing.

Christianity is a process, not a decision. "Oh, they told me so, I'm good", nope, that's atheism . The Christian is constantly confirming more and more evidence with their belief or faith withers. The confirmed evidence is how we "know" something with a very high probability, by the integrity and detail of the evidence in truth of fact. For faith to be alive and certain, we need to know something and there are many ways to do just that, philosophically, logically, scientifically, or even court methods.

The legal method does not ignore testimony or facts because they are not reproducible or testable. By a process of elimination and corroboration, the legal method allows history and testimony to speak for itself until a verdict is reached beyond a reasonable doubt, and the balance of probability is achieved.

Hope is what we start with. As the evidence grows, so grows hope.

C. H. Spurgeon said it beautifully:  

"Faith abhors conjectures, it will not put its foot down upon fictions, but rests upon matters of fact. Faith never deals in the imaginary goods of opinion, theory, speculation, and probability; she searches for the priceless pearl of certainty; she needs to know. "

Atheists, who have false faith or "blind faith" w/o any supporting evidence of truth or even rationality or reason, also have false hope and are fearful of being found out, and so the atheists promise according to their hopes; and perform according to their fears. Atheists have no hope in a falsity, whether they believe it or not; it cannot be a part of what it contradicts, no matter what it tries to call itself.

• ?

About Faith please read Hebrews 11:1 it says “Now faith is the assurance of what we hope for and the certainty of what we do not see”

About Hope , a feeling of expectation and desire for a certain thing to happen. Based on the same Bible verse, but faith is assurance of what we hope for.

• Tropos

They are very different.

"Hope" refers to the preconception of a positive state of affairs. Predicting something good in the future. "I feel hopeful about the future thanks to my new job"

"Faith" refers to the acceptance of a claim without direct evidence. Based on reasons that the faithful cannot explain or point to. "I feel like I should believe because otherwise I'm afraid of death"

• ?

Faith is believing in something not evidently true, or even believing with evidence to the contrary. It is gullibility

Hope is wishing something does or does not come to pass. "I hope we find a vaccine for covid 19 quickly".

• ?

They can be used in different ways, but they can also both be used to mean trust.

• yesmar

Faith is a trust in someone’s character and being trustworthy in return.

Hope is an expectation of something.

• ?

Faith is a degree of confidence.

Hope is a degree of certainty. 

"Faith is the substance of things hoped for." Heb. 11:1.

• Liz

Knowledge is essential if there is to be faith, and faith is what makes hope possible.