Faith comes by hearing? But Seeing IS Believing is the accepted notion? So what makes PROOF more valuable than FAITH? Aside from ya know...?

PERSONAL PREFERNCE.

As a child...I was told by a person (of undesirable merit)...to "Believe NOTHING you hear, and only HALF of what you see"...

I considered this person a fool....as I was directed to think.

But how foolish....was this person...

Who was deemed foolish...according to what he had...

Now as an adult...I believe he had more....than everyone Judging him.

He had understanding....that what you ARE is NOT determined by what....you gain.

Faith is another word for pretend.

Things that are real need no faith.  

Faith is worse than useless.

Myers put it best:

"FAITH. No one word personifies the absolute worst and most wicked properties of religion better than that. Faith is mind-rot. It’s the poison that destroys critical thinking, undermines evidence, and leads people into lives dedicated to absurdity. It’s a parasite regarded as a virtue." -- PZ Myers 

"But without faith it is impossible to please God, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that he is a rewarder of those that diligently seek Him", Heb. 11:6 "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb. 11:1.

• ?

Seeing is not more valuable than faith Luminous.  Without faith it is impossible to please God for whoever comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him Hebrews 11:6.  Faith is a substance - it's what we hope for (before we see it), and the evidence whilst we are waiting in faith to receive it is unseen. (Hebrews 11:1)  That is much more valuable - having faith in an invisible God and seeking Him diligently without visible proof that He's there - than asking for proof of God who is invisible when He wants us to believe without proof.

I see Jesus Christ when he needs me to say something he sends angles to tell me. Sometimes I can see Jesus when I least expect to

• ?

ZERO for spelling, grammar and a complete absence of THINKING.

Nothing here, no logic, no critical thought... just cultist ignorance.

• Bryce

We use our eyes constantly during our waking hours and almost always trust what we see.  Contrariwise, we hear lies often from ads, salesmen, politicians, and money-grubbing preachers.

My personal preference is that 2 + 2 = 5.  I have faith that my answer is correct.  No amount of proof will change my mind.

• Is sanity and insanity a matter of personal choice, too?

Preach on, Pastor Luminous.