cmac'm
cmac'm asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Do you think Bill Maher is now happy we are approaching a recession?

"I feel like the bottom has to fall out at some point, and by the way, I'm hoping for it because I think one way you get rid of Trump is a crashing economy," Maher said during the June 8 show. "So please, bring on the recession. Sorry if that hurts people but it's either root for a recession, or you lose your democracy."

Maher has always been an idiot, and this recession will only weaken democracy because of it, the government takes more control of everyday life and limits participation by "normal" people in the process.

• You have been in recession for two years at this point

Btw, Bill Maher is a libertrian, not a democrat.

Trump is a such a parasite that everybody hates him.

Donnie should be. He can now 'prove' that he controls the market and the economy, just as he and his supporters have claimed all along.

If you're blaming Maher for destroying public confidence in the economy because there's a Republican president, then why is that only wrong when a Democrat does it?

The recession will be temporary.  Even the Great Depression was temporary, though it hung on longer than we would have liked.  Maher feels a temporary recession is a small price to pay to avoid an autocracy, the death of the Constitution, the rebirth of our democratic republic as a dictatorship.  I kind of agree with him.

And it wasn't Maher's subversive ramblings that brought on this recession.  It's the Trump recession and Trump's mismanagement bears complete responsibility for it.

Is he somebody that is elected in the government or just a regular voter?

Why can't Democrats and republicans just get a long during a global crisis for Christ's sake lol

I'm sure he and many liberals are ecstatic.

Approaching?  That's hilarious.

WTF would any American like Maher be happy about it? You're pathetic!