past 24 hours everyone on my area is having trouble connecting on the internet, what the deal?

• keerok

Bandwidth flooded.

I have the Downdetector app on my phone.  I can see every day what internet providers and companies are working well - and who has problems.  We can make a list of our favorites, so we do not have to scroll thru the z zillions they have listed.  I used the blame myself or my devices if I was having a problem - now I can see if the problem is coming from the source; people can write in an leave a comment about where and when they also are having a problem.  I do not think that helps FIX it - but at least I know what is going on.  I do not work for that company - I have no connection at all with them, other than using their app.

• JetDoc

My guess is with everyone staying home because of the covid-19 virus panic, the Internet is being overwhelmed. Local residential service was never intended to carry the amount of traffic they are experiencing.