Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 2 months ago

Is it worth to get a Jeep Wrangler painted?

So I’ve been in the market on buying a Jeep Wrangler. I’ve been looking for a while now trying to find one that has the few things I wanted like lift kit and a few other things but I would like a black or white one but can’t seem to find anything in the market. But I did find one that has everything I’m looking for but the color is just horrible it’s a nasty green color, so I was wondering if it’s worth the money to get it professionally painted a different color. Thank you!

Painting well used cars a different color isn’t likely to increase its value. Professional shops won’t paint a used car without prep work.

There is cheap painters who would spray over anything for 500 dollars. 

Maybe consider buying a stock white Jeep an buy a lift kit instead of paint. Mechanically it would probably be in better shape if it didn’t go off roading before.

• Bill

It depends on the year of the vehicle and the type of quality you expect.  A Factory quality paint job will run you somewhere between $3,000 and $6,000 depending on the body shop or you can get Cheap paint job at a place like MAACO from $399 to $1,500.  There is a BIG difference in quality and durability.

Not worth it to anyone else, in fact a color change paint job often lowers the value.

It is worth it for the paint shops.  You got money to burn.  It is just a color. Where you planning to drive it? To a fishing lake or 4 wheeling so the only things that see it are bush cattle and deer?  They really do not care what color it is.  Call Maako and find out how much they charge to paint your future car.

. Pretty sure you are going to change your mind and decide that Green is not that bad after all.

• car253

A jeep is not a wise investment.  It is not worth pouring money into a car that is worthless to begin with. 

Wranglers are a POS.  I hope you can work on it yourself or it's going to cost you a fortune in repairs.

A good paint job is expensive.  A wrap might be a lot less money, check around where you  live and get a quote.

• car253

Good answer.    It is not worth it.

I don't think so. Doing it properly in a capable body shop will set you back at least $4,000. Do nationwide searches like www.cars.com, www.cargurus.com and check sites where people are trying to get out of leases: www.swapalease.com and www.leasetrader.com

Depending on the year, it might be worth it. If you find an older one in good condition, and the only issue is color, than yes. If a JK or JL, then hold out until you find one in a color you like, they are out there.

• x-Wulfgar-x

What dickwad left a thumbs down. ******* retards on the internet.

• Marduk

It depends on your budget. If you are buying it outright, go ahead. If you need to borrow and it is a big expense learn to live with the color till at such time you can afford to have it done. It will give you time to find a good shop to do it too and not some crappy joint. Of course, I am biased as I prefer the green to white or black. That is why mine is Sunrise Orange, LOL! I fell in love with the color. But what made me want one was 3 years previous when I saw the green one at a local store.

You are buying a used Jeep.  Save your money for a new engine or transmission.