spinesign asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 9 months ago

does "social distancing" reinforce society's long standing ambivalence on human contact?

hugs are not customary between strangers.  

Hugs may not be "customary" in your culture but as someone of Sephardic heritage I can tell you it's been pretty hard for some of my family members to refrain from that double kiss on the cheeks thing.

• Jerry

I really don't like that hugging stuff. If you are and I aren't in a close relationship, then why would you imagine I'd welcome your arms around me and your face in my face, welcome you pressing your body against my bosoms? I hope that this is the end of all that promiscuous hugging. 

Yes.

Humans inherently dislike strangers so it should not matter to most people, strangers do not hug or handshake, or even say hi.

People dislike people, an example:

People pulling out their phones and filming someone falling over,  or watching and filming someone drop their groceries and laughing instead of helping is an example, or filming an ugly person and sharing it so they can be laughed at.

No one cares about anyone anymore.

i think it does

Bad premise upon bad premise equal ridiculous question.