cmac'm
cmac'm asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 7 months ago

Let's say I have $10,000 I want to invest this year, where do I put it and when do I make the move?

*I will not be using yahoo answers as my chief investment advice, I'm simply curious what people here think.

Who knows, so spread the investments out over a reasonable amount of time and have a plan to continue investing towards your financial goals from your earnings. 

If you don't need the money for at least a year, put it in an index mutual fund. Best, join a local investment club.

If you don't have debt (other than a mortgage and car payment that you can easily afford), I'd advise you to contact an investment firm.

You sit down with a local person and discuss your goals for your money. Are you saving to buy something? Seeking investment income to supplement pay? Put kids through college? For retirement? To start a business? How your money is best invested depends on your plans.

We started doing that when we were pretty young, putting earnings back into investment portfolios most of the time, and we're comfortably retired now, even with the market tanking.

• Scott

Pay off any debt you have.

My advice is, and always will be: Invest in yourself. Whether it is improving your education or buying at wholesale and then reselling for a profit, you are your best investment