Looking for medicines that help IBS, or Crohn's Disease?

I have had bouts of diarrhea, every few months. It would last for a few days to a week. I would take probiotics, fiber, and sometimes an antibiotic. After a week at most things were OK. But over the years, it has gotten worse. From 2-4 times a year to once a month to once a week, until 8 months ago it is almost everyday. Now it seems no matter what I eat it goes right through me, within a few hours. They have tripled my fiber, in the last 3 months and had 2 courses of antibiotics. Still no help. But every drug I see on TV, or look up claims it causes possible liver damage, and a brain infection that could cause my death. Anyone have good luck with any IBS meds they can tell me about.

I did and I am.  His last assessment, was to take another antibiotic, and go from 2 table spoons of fiber 2 times a day to 3 times a day.  I am going to see him Monday, and I wanted to go in with ideas, from people who have my illness and had luck with one of the 4 drugs used.   

If you do not have Crohn's disease, or IBS, and are taking a medication that is making things better, do not answer.   

The best treatment for celiac disease is a gluten-free diet. In time, some patients with mild cases of celiac disease are able to reintroduce gluten into their diet. Whether or not this occurs in your case, maintain a positive attitude. 

• Nicey8

If you are open to 5000 years of wisdom of Chinese medicine, go to your local Chinatown and find a physician that does acupuncture or traditional chinese medicine herbal remedies. Chinese medicine is good for chronic illnesses.

My country has introduced acupuncture in local hospitals as a complement to Western medicine.

try immodium--and acupuncture--I don't get HOW it works--but it works--also figure out what foods trigger you.

Cut down on the fibre and don't eat any food or veg with seeds in them like tomatoes as they make the crohns worse as seemingly the seeds and fibre get stuck in the pouches that the crohns cause- my brother in law had crohns and had to get part of bowel removed, his daughter is currently suffering with crohns and my daughter is recovering from perforated bowel which was probably connected to crohns and non of them have to eat a high fibre diet etc.

i would ask your doctor for a perscription

• martin

Try Alka Selzer to neutralize the acid in your digestive system and also relieve any pain.

I suggest you ask your doctor.