CJ
CJ asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 3 months ago

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited VS. Nissan Frontier Pro-4x?

Hello, I am looking to finance a new vehicle. I lost my 2018 Pro-4x in a total loss accident 8 months ago and now I am back on the market. The only thing that I do not like about my Frontier was the 15MPG. Whereas the Jeep can get up to 19. Do you think the 4-5MPG's would even be noticeable? 

Which vehicle would you choose?

Both are pretty crappy cars.  Look into a Toyota Tacoma 4x4.  You’ll never see either of those money pits with 250k miles on them, there are thousands of Tacoma’s running around with 300k miles on them and still working and hauling like a truck is supposed to do. 

Jeep all the way, better truck and better fuel mileage.

Hey, you asked on a Jeep forum.

• John

It's 25%. Would you notice if 25% of your sandwich, or your paycheck, was missing?

• Bort

4 miles is 4 miles. That's a trip to the store and back you'll get in before having to refill and I'm a jeep fan so I'd go with the Jeep. The Pro-4x is a pickup truck though. If you're going to be hauling a lot and might be doing projects the truck might be a better fit for you. There isn't much cargo space in a Wrangler you would have to get a tow package on it and buy or rent a trailer to transport things in the jeep that you could haul without a trailer in the truck. 

I'd still go with the Jeep. That's my personal preference. I'd buy or rent a trailer when I needed to haul something that won't fit in or on it. 

• ?

Pretty much all MPG stats are inflated using unrealistic driving conditions or efficiency over performance engine tuning. Even when independently tested, the onboard systems recognise when they're at a testing location and readjust everything. So MPG shouldn't really be a big consideration, at least not when choosing an SUV. Go with the one that feels more comfortable to you

• CJ

So your point to my question would be that, no, you would not really notice a difference in MPG's. I do love both vehicles. They both offer pros and cons against each other. It's a tough decision.

Chevy Colorado.

• CJ

Why? I personally was uninterested in the Chevy Colorado's design and performance in comparison to the Taco and Pro-4x.