Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

how do you fitness people have so much willpower  ?

I like to eat and I hate exercise. You put good food in front of me and its next to impossible to say no if I am hungry. I tried exercising once and went balls out for like a week and half then I took a break and then that break lasted forever sitting on your butt relaxing felt too good

What does good food mean to you? You didn't say. People who are fit don't starve themselves to get that way as the rule.

We sit on our butts too. But that gets so boring that we run to the gym and freak out for 3 hours, then go home to eat everything and lay down for 3 days after that; then start it all over again. If you lean into either fully, you have balance. That includes leaning out of it again. You described a very typical problematic pattern for dieters. You force yourself one day, go way too hard way too soon and then can't move for a month. Really, a waste of time.

P.s., when you're working out properly, it is required for your good health that you eat an entire pizza some days. The thing that I don't understand emotionally rather than academically is how people think starving themselves while sitting there is a way to lose weight. Just yesterday I witnessed a new living joke that I'll mimic for the rest of my life; a skinny guy wearing a shirt that says "ANIMAL!" walking slowly on the treadmill while playing with his phone. Still doesn't beat the guy sitting on the benchpress who's shirt said "will work for nothing."

• Logan

If you like to over eat and hate exercise then you should find something other than fitness to excel at. 

When you learn to enjoy exercise as much as food it becomes pretty easy. 

• Andy C

Being sedentary is quite natural for predators. It's the best way to conserve energy.

Thank you for recognizing the spectacular willpower I have, but that's a different story. Yours is not about willpower but about biochemistry and how yours is messing with your body, but only because you mess with it.

Your weight/fatness is governed by hormones, not by exercise. The whole dieting and exercise thing is a myth that makes $Bs of profit for those who only care about such.

There's not enough space here to elaborate, but you deserve to know why you are fat and sick and, more importantly, how you can STOP.

Why am I permanently thin? Because I don't eat unless I am hungry, and exercise definitely makes me hungrier!

Put simply, I only eat when hungry and I am not hungry unless I need to eat. This wasn't always the case. I was fat since 8yo and was until 34yo. Then I found out how I was ****ing my hormones up.

I read the book below and everything changed.

Source(s): Sounds like a religious experience, but I'm talking about physical changes and getting thin was only a side effect. "Fat Chance..." by Dr. Robert Lustig M.D As for my willpower, different people are talented in different ways, but most people you think are fit are just as screwed as the rest of us;)
  • Mr. L.

Join the club.  

• patty

take up a sport, u can get lessons