Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Would u be offended if friend says I won’t be answering phone calls?

She told me that she won’t be able to answer my phone calls, if u want to reach me text or email me

• Edna

Perhaps she means that she can't answer your phone calls while she's at work - that her employer doesn't allow his employees to accept personal phone calls while they're on the job.

She told you to text or email her instead. That tells you that  she's willing to keep a line of communication open with you. 

Probably not. I don't like talking on the phone and it's usually inconvenient, especially for busy people. As long as she's willing to interact via text she's still keeping the lines of communication open.

Did she say or did you ask her why? I have a friend so busy traveling an hr to and an hr from work 5 days a week and then goes to the gym almost every day after work to train dor her body building competition, so always tells me shes so busy she doesnt have time for anything except work, gym, church and hanging out with her bf. So maybe she's just really busy? 

• Chanel

Maybe she does not like talking on the phone.

If you are feeling lonely take up every opportunity to socialize cos you will feel better for doing things and you will not keep thinking about this situation.

She could be busy with studies and will contact you if you email her.

Does she specify for a certain time period? If that, then no biggie. If she meant she will only communicate with you by text/email and no verbal calls, then u have to decide if you want a friend that places a communication restriction with you. Imagine u find her talking to a friend on the phone, but she has limited u to only/text email. If that would make you feel badly, then dont continue this friendship. We dont keep people around who treat us as "less than" and make us feel bad. I always try to insert something and see if the person would likely act the same or diff to make my decision. Example: if u were Selena Gomez, would she tell you we can only talk by text email, never verbally? Doubt it, she would place more value on her, right and talk to her on phone? So, to me, u have ur answer. Dont participate and tell her you prefer a friendship where u can reach out and talk as being there's no tone of voice, nor influx of voice that can be heard via text message, things can be misinterpreted and the connection is less than ideal for you. Then, you drop her. 

• Murzy

She may not want her phone to ring or to spend too much time talking on the phone.

If be really mad and hurt

Not really. I prefer texting than calls. I only call someone if I need to get a hold of them right away 

I would be forced to ask why first, since it is kind of an odd thing for a friend to say but could be for a good reason.  My friends know to always text me because I run a recording studio and can't answer calls.  

• juice4201 month agoReport

I'd give her the benefit of the doubt that she really is, unless it's been a habit otherwise