How is it possible that polls show 2/3 think Trump will win, but less than half say they will vote for him?

• steve

It wasn't that big a difference but there was a gap last time with more people voting for Clinton yet Trump still won.

Perhaps they are saying I won't be voting for him but Americas voting system is so ridiculous they think it is easily corrupted and abused?

The public vote which Clinton won by 2.1% of the population was overturned by the "electoral college". Doesn't sound like anyone at the "college" got an education, and simple maths escapes them.

Perhaps now people are saying I will vote against Trump but he will win because all his cronies are in the electoral college.

If I lived in America I would have no confidence in a fair result based on the wishes of the people when a group of people can ignore my vote and choose who they want.

What is the point of having an election if the people in power are just going to ignore the choice of the public and impose who they want.

That is called a dictatorship. 

I don't think he'll win & will not vote for him in 2020, just like I didn't vote for him in 2016.

The only time Trump told the truth is when he said the elections were rigged.  (He was right!  What he left out was, "In MY favor!")

I think a lot of voters are getting fed up and feel like it's not going to matter who they vote for, the decisions have already been made, and they feel helpless.  Regardless of whether my vote will matter or not, I still intend to vote.

One way is the electoral college.  If you remember, Clinton got more votes than Trump.  However,Trump campaigned across the entire country, not just certain states, so Trump got more electoral votes, therefore, he won the election.

• Kathy

Polls have a tendency to be way off.

• Random

Incumbents usually win elections.  They have more name recognition and they have the full weight of their office behind their election (even if they're not supposed to use it for that purpose.)  A lot of people would rather keep something terrible rather than deal with the uncertainty of change.

But dear God I hope people choose change in November.

Yanks are more dumb than dirt