Is my brother losing his mind?

My 50 year old brother is currently going through his 2nd divorce because he has a major problem with paying escorts for sex. Well, this morning he starts sending pictures in our family group chat of him and some VERY young looking girl all hugged up. He says she's a 21 year old college student studying to be a teacher. My siblings are like WTF!!!!! He's a deacon in his church but this is who he chooses to date and be seen with. I can't wait till he brings her around our parents and just wait for that warm reception from our mom. I really think he's going through some mid life crisis. What is he thinking? At 50 years old and a deacon in your church how do you have the balls to walk in with a 21 year old college student on your arm passing her off as your girlfriend? He must want people to talk about him. Is he losing his mind?

This behavior IS curious enough that the family should probably try to get him a mental health assessment.

I think he reached the point he got tired of escorts, I know that at 50 she's probably using him for something but he might not care, he just wants to fvck. Not much you can do but to advice.

No, he still has his mind. 

I was 25 when I married.  My husband was 49.  That was 10 years ago.  We really didn't and don't care what people think.  What did/do I say?  "What's your interest in my marriage?"

What is your interest in his life?

Maybe he's not passing her off.  Maybe she IS his gf.

You can be as judgmental as you care to be.  Unless he borrows money from you to pay the hookers, what do you care?  Don't like his behavior?  Stay away from him.

And, yes, two of my husband's children are older than I am.

What qualifies you to judge other people?

I don't judge you because your children and stepchildren all appear to have some rather serious issues.  I don't judge you because you aren't attracted to your rather large wife.  I don't judge you because you have sexual problems.

It's all a matter of what qualifies people to judge each other. 

Don't you think that is better than paying escorts for sex? Was he not a deacon in a church while he was doing it?

• hi

Him paying for escorts is something he needs help with...and I'm surprised he was allowed to be a priest if he is indeed still using escorts.

but him dating a woman of x age is not a problem at all.. What if he was dating a 100 year old woman? would you also be making a big deal out of it?  I don't understand people who put so much emphasis on age . If my 50 year old brother was dating a 21 year old woman or a 100 year old woman I wouldn't say a word about it .

No one can judge.  He maybe had enough boredom is all.  Let him live it up a little 

He is literally not thinking straight to even think that 21 year old doesnt want his money or something. Thats just embarassing. WOW

• Patrick1 month agoReport

In his mind all he's probably thinking is he's got a 21 year old girlfriend but he's overlooking the fact that people are going to be talking about him behind his back.

• RP

Given what you've described, it seems impossible to understand or explain. Many may be tempted to suggest he has abandoned reason as part of a mid-life crisis if not on the verge of losing his mind, However, while you're free to make your own judgment, along with your family members, he obviously is not concerned with either acceptance or approval.

• Patrick1 month agoReport

If he's not concerned with our acceptance or approval then he needs to be ready to hear our disapproval as well.  She's younger than his youngest child.