Did I handle the situation right? ?

I work in a retail food store and there's a customer that comes in quite often and she's always looking at me so naturally I look back, today I was just walking around doing my work checks minding my own business and she's there and she was looking at me and I looked at her cos she was in my line of sight as I was walking then as soon as I walk past she's sagging me off to her friend so I can hear saying I Stare at her even tho it's the other way round and she's shouting abuse at me, I just looked back and gave her a dirty look and kept walking but now I'm wishing I'd stood up for myself properly, I don't even know her it's just like she wanted an argument for no reason I don't know what she has against me. all I do is keep my head down and get on with my work and stay polite 🤯

If you'd shouted back you'd have been fired. It's a shame some customers are jerks, but the fact remains that in business "the customer is always right". This is why people often have to bury their egos when they choose this line of work. It's also why so many of us simply aren't cut out for retail.

The best thing to do in situations like this is to ignore anyone acting that weird. Focus on your job and being as cordial to the customers as you can. And if you ever feel threatened by this woman then mention it to your boss. You did the right thing by being polite, that how you diffuse a bad situation.