Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

From childhood I have not received parental care and affection so is there any connection between these two ?

From childhood my interest in doing things keep changing. For instance, I badly wanted to learn guitar , after starting classes, after a year i lost interest. Likewise everything I start with interest and end up not liking it , in terms of hobbies .

It may have something to do with it.

There must be one hobby you like.

Go find it.

You say, "everything I start with interest and end up not liking it." Whether or not there's a connection with childhood I can't say, but I know that this is very common, because getting involved with a hobby often involves frustration. 

An author has studied the problem of frustration in learning new skills and written a book about it, The First 20 Hours. 

I hope you'll find his talk helpful. Hobbies can be very good for mental health.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MgBikgcWnY

Youtube thumbnail

&t=936s