Alex asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 7 months ago

what crime did Assange commit ? did he steal anything? he only reported what he was given? The Government sure seems Pissed?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

obama pandered the little ****** Chelsea Manning, so Tump should parden Assange  

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Assange is not being charged for disseminating US government secrets. It's not illegal for members of the media to publish secrets that have been leaked to them. What's on just being charged with is hacking.

Years ago, a US Army service member named Chelsea Manning contacted Wikileaks to give them documents which she had access to. However, the documents which Manning had legitimate access to were relatively low-level and uninteresting. So WikiLeaks basically gave Manning a tutorial on how to hack into other parts of the system to which she did not have access. It's for this crime that he is wanted in the US

• 7 months ago

We'll swap Assange for Harry Dunn's killer, Anne Sacoolas if the US promises to match sentences! Only fair! 

Anne Sacoolas faces a max term of 14 years under UK law

• Stan
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

So far his only crime is being accused of rape by a woman in Switzerland, I think. His issue with coming back to the US was fear of being extradited. I am not familiar with the details of his case but considering how many political enemies he has I would be very suspicious of any such claims. Besides, he really doesnt fit the profile of a sexual predator.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 7 months ago

So he received stolen classified material then posted it on the internet.

• 7 months ago

The last I heard Assange was making a deal with Trump. I think Assange might do pretty good when this is all over. I have a lot of hope for him. It seems to be both Republican and Democrat politician thought Assange was a criminal for leaking materials, but the charge is actually conspiracy to commit computer intrusion (i.e. hacking into a government computer), a relatively minor crime that carries a maximum 5-year sentence if found guilty.

So, not much to begin with, compared to the information he might have on the Swamp. That is why I am hoping happens. Hillary, apparently wanted to "drone" him.

Attachment image
    Source(s): bisexual Christian
  • Satan
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

He posted classified information

The stuff they didnt want to get out - not to protect the US, but to protect themselves. That type of crap is worse than treason, at least to them.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.