Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

I live with my husbands family& 3 kids and my child they have some issues and social services are involved will they look out for my child ?

We live as a extended family my husbands brother wife and 3 kids live at the same adress along side my child my husbands parents and his sister. Recently my husbands brother has had domestic problems and have got the socials involved. Everybody i live with keep alot of secrets and wont tell me nothing. My child is 1 years of age will social services carry out a investigation and look out for my child too? There are 11 people in this house 4 bedrooms it is over crowded would social services give us all a seprate house? Mother inlaw and father inlaw would like to live together but its really unhealthy. 

Unless you qualify for Section 8 housing and actually apply for it, no, no one's going to just drop a house on you Wizard of Oz style. HUD housing is usually tiny, cramped apartments but that would be better than losing your child because you're shacked up in a clown house with a violent person. Better still would be you and your spouse actually earning a living and taking care of your kid as though you were actually prepared to be parents.

Where does your husband live at?

• n2mama

No, social services won’t give you a house of your own to live in. If they decide the living situation isn’t suitable for children, the children will likely end up in foster care, including your child. You need to get your family into your own place, even if that is a small apartment. If you can’t afford a place of your own you shouldn’t have had a child you can’t afford to support.

No one is going to give you another house. If they determine that this home is not safe for children, your child will likely be a part of the scoop. In other words, they might remove the kids but they aren't going to provide the grownups with new homes. If they decide that your BIL is not safe around kids.. they'll wonder why YOU allowed your child to be in the house with him. The grownups are on their own.

Why do you and your husband accept this? Find your own place!