Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

How can u move out asap i have a young baby ?

Well i should have moved out before my baby was born but i didnt want to take on the stress while i was pregnant.  I get treated like a child by my mother inlaw and father inlaw infront of my child they also try to take my baby away from  me. At the moment my brotherinlaws wife is having issues with them and her kids social services are involved.  We live in the same house but they try to hide everything from me. My brother inlaw and his wife have moved in with her parents so dont come here much but while they were here they would physically fight everyday break furniture etc. But my mother inlaw black mails my husband and doesnt let him move out with me. Also they are soo nice to brother inlaws wife so dont knoe what her problem is they are really mean to me. People tell me to move but how can i. I dont have income so cant buy or rent i have some savings.  Also i cant move in with my parents as one of my parents has a mental illness so that's not safe for my child either.  I just dont know what to so 

What is his mother blackmailing your husband with? That's the most interesting part of this.. what blackmail would prevent him from moving out of his parents house to provide for his own family?

I think you need to access your phone and internet to contact EVERYONE you have ever met to find out if you and your baby can stay with them for three weeks while your husband figures out what it is he'd rather do.

You go to your local social services and tell them what is going on. If someone will not let you leave or your husband leave then that could be considered harassment or imprisonment. Your local social services will tell you what is available to help you get on your feet and if needed help you file restraining orders against your inlaws.

Yes, your husband needs to stand up for you and put you and his child as his top priorities, not allowing his mother to dictate to him. And yes, you need to move out, with or without him. Have you considered going on welfare, as a last resort?  Good luck, and good wishes, take care of your child.

Are you married or are you simply using the terms "mother in law," "father in law" and so forth?

IF YOUR CHILD IS IN DANGER you need to leave.  That might require going to a house for battered women.  That might involve a Police report.  That might involve a restraining order.  If "they" are blackmailing your husband, their son, the what and how of that might be important.

YOU NEED TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO KEEP YOUR CHILD SAFE AND THAT MIGHT INVOLVE TEMPORARILY SURRENDERING YOUR CHILD.

How does their treatment of other people matter in the bigger situation?

You certainly picked a winner of a husband there. Yikes. But simply put, if you can't afford to get your own place you can't move out. You're going to have to convince your husband to disengage from Mommy and make his own decisions based on what's best for the family he created (rather than the family that created him).