Tim asked in Science & MathematicsChemistry · 1 month ago

what happens if you like, drink a cup of salt water?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

When your body absorbs the salt water and the salt water surrounds tissue, the tissue will lose water to try to balance the concentrations.  So, your cells will shrivel up some.  The water from the cells, that leaves the cell and goes into the tissue, will be filtered out by your kidneys.  You will urinate more and become dehydrated.  This is why you should not drink salt water if you are stranded at sea.  This is the short version!

Source(s): Sci teacher
    • Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Don't know about you, but I would be Barfing my Head off

Never mind at the other end

• Dr W
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

trolling YA again Tim?

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

probably nothing, it might just taste salty

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Depends how much salt is in the water.  maybe nothing, maybe you die.

• Tom
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Like, youn drink it. Rather or not you swallow it is up to you.

• Dr W
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

I tyhnk yuo mispeled yuo.  shuld bee "Like, youn drink it. Rather or not you swallow it is up to youN".  galad too sea youn speled "weather" currectly witth capitol R

• 1 month ago

A cup isn't much so probably very little. Maybe your stomach will reject it and make you throw it up if it's very salty, I dunno. Too much will supposedly dehydrate the body as it tries to deal with the overdose of salt, which is why people stranded in the ocean will die of it if they drink it.

Probably why eating too much salt also tends to make people thirsty, as the body's way of trying to dilute it and stay hydrated. But if you were stranded in the ocean and only had salt water available, obviously that's bad news.... you'd get thirstier a thirstier but your state would only become worse the more you drank it to try to quench your thirst. Sounds like a nasty way to go.

• Light
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Well let's just say if humans only drank salt water, we'd be taking in more salt than water and would become dehydrated very quickly and die. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

bro i just did it and i feel fine so it should be all good

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.