How old were you when you got your first weapon   ?

I was 6 when my dad gave me a tiny thumb length pocket knife and 12 when he gave me a .22 long rifle. 

I never hurt myself or anyone else so I don’t think I was too young but I know people who are appalled my parents gave me these things at a young age

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I don't need weapons.  I have myself, my intelligence, my two hands & feet & other bodily parts.  Since I was young, with these alone, I can & have inflicted serious damage to those fools who have tried to take advantage of me.  I do my "hunting" with a shopping cart.       

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

I never had any weapons hun, unless a slingshot or a pocket knife counts as a weapon.

• 1 month ago

10 years old. My family moved to Alaska before it was a state. So roaming the wilderness I had to be prepared - knives, hatchet, 22 cal and/or shotgun in toe. And correct - I was trained so I never had a problem.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I've really never HAD one.. A Weapon  is Designed or Used to kill, injure,intimidate, harass, deter a HUMAN Being. not a :"pocketknife"...

I got a BB gun at 12, a .22 at 13. My Grandpa's .410 shotgun  at16.

I got an Old Timer knife at 12, too.

The ONLY serviceable  "weapon" I've had was two antique .32 black powder revolvers, which were really antiques/curios. Never got ammo for either.

Besides that, two SKS'. One at 34, another at 54.Even then, Soviet army surplus.I used them ONLY to target shoot.

I have a deactivated PPSh-43,an old Soviet sub machine gun.Still, i wouldn't  USE it to defend or  kill even if it fired. I see guys OC all the time in my town. Ive even fired automatics   ("machine guns" to YOU) Legally. at Marana: PPS-41, BAR, STEN, Maxim. Thompson M1A1 and Uzi at Vegas.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I was 8 years old, it was a BOW AND ARROW.

• 1 month ago

My wit and sarcasm?Around 20.

• 1 month ago

I bought a shotgun aged 16. A Beretta 686, under and over, single trigger, multichoke. I used it for clay pigeon competitions. I still have it locked in the gun safe. My shot gun licence is up to date. No been in a competiton for ages.

Attachment image
  • 1 month ago

Never received any weapon but I'm a girl. One time my dog Cuddles found a knife in a leather cover from underneath my bed...where my dad used to keep his stuff.

• 1 month ago

I was born with it. It's called a brain!

• 1 month ago

Nothing wrong with any of that. Pocket knife at 8, shotgun at 12 or 13. But had access to guns before that, just none of my own. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.