Did the loss of our sisters cause us relationship problems?

My brother’s dating life has been full of drama. Even at 50 he is dating a ****** up woman who is married and been promising to divorce her hubby for three years. My brother is just “the other man”, and he cannot escape that. This is not his first.

I have been “the other man” before, and I let my female suiter keep me hanging on for a year before I realized that she was never going to divorce her husband.I had dated nothing but trouble my whole life. Only at 45 did I meet the grates woman in the world, who is now my wife.We lost our young sister to some birth defect that lead to hear death at a young age. We also have a half-sister that my father made after his tour in Vietnam. We have never met her. Has the lost of our sisters caused us to make bad choices in female suiters?

I suspect the choice to date married women has something to do with keeping women at bay regardless of the "heartache" it's caused because it's clearly a choice and you both made it. You don't really express how it is your sisters have much to do with the making of that choice.

People who seek out the unavailable are usually operating out of a fear of commitment themselves and many of them can't handle it if a married partner actually does divorce. So the women are just the symptom of what's bothering your bro. This could be caused by all sorts of things, including your father's apparent infidelity. Your brother will never know until he gets into therapy to begin to unravel his skein of a sordid life.

• Marvin
      1 month agoReport

My borther will never seek theropy.  As for me, they say I have PTSD.

Why blame your stupidity on your sisters? You are the ones making the choices you make, not them. You know right from wrong, there is no grey area, do the right thing and you won't be in these messes.