I'm 16 years old. I would like to apply for a job where there ain't no punks and teenagers.?

And that's the problem.

Age.

I want to take my paycheck at a very serious degree within the pay range of $10-20/hour.

I would preferably not work at a restaurant, store, nor anything of that nature.

Would anyone be willing to hire a 16 year old with an ethical work attitude?

Update:

If I work within the fast food environment, I will be dealing with the unsanitary ones working at an irresponsible rate.

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Hockey
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

So, what skills do you have that you can use to apply for higher paying jobs?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You have a problem - if they don't hire teenagers, they won't hire you. An ethical work attitude is good, But what job skills and experience do you have to go with it?

• 1 month ago

Very few. Your age means you're new in the workforce. You're also underage and many companies can't hire you till you're 18.

• 1 month ago

You have an "ethical work attitude"?  You have never held a real job before.

It's meaningless to tell us how great of an attitude you have when you have never done something before.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your pay range is unrealistic for a 16 year old with no experience. Any job you might find is going to pay you minimum wage. If you want a decent job, you have to bring some sort of skill to it and lose "ain't" from your vocabulary.

• Alexander1 month agoReport

Country accent has it.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You will have a hard time off the bat. Most importantly, you need to have skills which an employer is willing to pay up to $20/hour for. Do you have those proven skills? If so, you need to figure out how to show a potential employer that you do. Really, unless you get lucky, it's unlikely to happen. It doesn't mean you shouldn't try, but you'll need to work just as hard at finding a job as you would once you got it (probably more.)

• If you have little to no work experience then you shouldn't be too picky about a job. Jobs that have a higher pay rate, usually don't want people your age working for them unless they can be responsible, reliable and take their job seriously. 

If you have older friends that don't work in minimum wage jobs, then ask if they could help you get a job in their work place. 

"ain't no" you sound like a bit of a punk kid your self. 

• 1 month ago

"ain't no" ? First, improve your language skills. Then, become an apprentice some where.

America ain't no safe haven for illegal workers with higher wages.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You are 16, it would be hard to find a job if you were not highly unrealistic. Your best chance is minimum wage at a place where other teens are employed and that is likely food or retail.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Sure. I heard nambla is always looking for teenage boys. 

I can assure you that as a 16 year old job-seeker, I take this as simple hesitation and rejection on ethical abilities.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.