Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

After several failed tries, how did you finally succeed at losing weight?

Weight loss isn’t just a dietary change and not eating certain things.  It’s a whole lifestyle change.  Getting more exercise, getting out and about do your not sitting at home rotting in front of the tv playing games or watching the same reruns for the twentieth time.  Learning what foods are good for you, portion control and back to exercise and believe it or not sleep is a big part of weight lose.

If your super stressed out all the time your body gets in a pattern of self destruction, binge on this... it’s just those once, going to sit and watch this shoe....just this once.....   vege out on the couch just this night only....then the next ....and the next,....and the next again

When you have gotten enough sleep it seems strange but you digest your food better, you make better choices, without that self destruct ‘I don’t give a crap’ attitude with tomorrow will bring the answer, ‘just this once’ cheating is still cheating, your only hurting yourself and lying to yourself.  Nobody cares if you cheat but they do care and will be so proud of you when you help yourself by developing good health habits, get an all around better attitude, become a more approachable friendly looking ..... great job making everyone jealous of your capability and pride.

If you stop and think bout it, if loosing weight and toning up were so easy everyone would be in such great condition, no obesity no lazy people.

I once easily lost weight when I was being restrictive but of course you will gain it back. Think of it long term and eventually your appetite will also decrease. Its not easy but not all things that are worth it are.

Ketogenic diet all the way!

• .

I've succeeded every time I decided to do it (keeping it off long term is another issue). I found the best way to be the smart way - a healthy diet and plenty of regular exercise (no gimmicky diets/eating plans). I cut out most of the processed foods I'd been eating, cut out added salt, focused on lean protein (mostly chicken), and cut out or severely reduced my fondness for sweets.

• Logan

My attempts to lose 15 pounds of fat failed until I found the determination not to cheat in the evening.   Don't buy the foods that you binge on.  Have tea or unsweetened cocoa in the evening.  

• Gert

Eat less, move more.

I never failed. But when I finally made it a point to exercise very regularly, the weight just melted off. And my appetite decreased. I never could stay interested in just walking for a half hour a day so one day I was doing that at a local park and noticed they had disc golf. I saw a man playing and talked to him about it. And then I started playing. It was fun, I felt better and the weight slowly came off.  3 years later, I am probably 10 pounds underweight so I play less often because I don't need to keep losing weight.  Went from about 240 to about 170.  (Very tall)

I am not very good at it and I usually just play by myself for about 30 minutes but its fun and keeps me continuing.

Instead of dieting you need to make slow gradual permanent changes to your diet.  Exercise can also help, and it is a good idea for other reasons, but it is mostly about what you eat.  It requires patience and determination but not doing anything drastic or taking things to extremes.  You can still eat the things you like, just less of them.

Stop eating. Drink water and eat vitamins for a week. You'll lose 20-60 pounds a week depending on how active you are.

• Never
      1 month agoReport

20-60 pounds a week?  They'd be dead in a few months.