Can I ask my boss for his resume?

Hi guys,

Is it fine if I ask my boss for his resume? I believe I have a lot of experience and that I am ready to be manager at my work. Before I apply to manager position, I would like to see what my boss's resume looks like and compare it to mine. So, is it appropriate to ask him to send me a copy of his resume?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I think it's inappropriate to ask for your boss's resume.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

You CAN ask, but that would be extremely inappropriate.  If you want help from your boss on getting a promotion, then ask them to review your resume or give you some suggestions or recommend you for promotion.  You can find sample resumes online if you want to look at how to structure one.

• You can ask but he doesn't have to show you his resume. He want to know why.

How much is 'quite a lot'... if it's not more then a 2-3 years, then you don't have near enough experience to be a manager. Also you should have some leadership experience,or taken a few business school courses in business management if you want to be a manager. 

You can do a google search on manager's resumes.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

no.................................

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you have to compare yourself to someone that has a higher position than yourself to get his or her job that is why he or she has a higher position.

• BBG
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes you can ask.

No it would not be appropriate.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, it's not.              

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You shouldn't ask him 😉

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Oh good grief! Another Trump University graduate posting.

• TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, it is not appropriate,. you run a high rink of being told to mind your own frogging business

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.