Can I ask my boss for his resume?

Hi guys,

Is it fine if I ask my boss for his resume? I believe I have a lot of experience and that I am ready to be manager at my work. Before I apply to manager position, I would like to see what my boss's resume looks like and compare it to mine. So, is it appropriate to ask him to send me a copy of his resume?

I think it's inappropriate to ask for your boss's resume.

You CAN ask, but that would be extremely inappropriate.  If you want help from your boss on getting a promotion, then ask them to review your resume or give you some suggestions or recommend you for promotion.  You can find sample resumes online if you want to look at how to structure one.

• You can ask but he doesn't have to show you his resume. He want to know why.

How much is 'quite a lot'... if it's not more then a 2-3 years, then you don't have near enough experience to be a manager. Also you should have some leadership experience,or taken a few business school courses in business management if you want to be a manager. 

You can do a google search on manager's resumes.

• Judy

no.................................

If you have to compare yourself to someone that has a higher position than yourself to get his or her job that is why he or she has a higher position.

• BBG

Yes you can ask.

No it would not be appropriate.

No, it's not.              

You shouldn't ask him 😉

Oh good grief! Another Trump University graduate posting.

• TedEx

No, it is not appropriate,. you run a high rink of being told to mind your own frogging business