If you had no job and needed money would you work at a fast food restraunt for $11.80 an hour?

• H

I've worked at a movie theater for $7.25/hr then worked my way up to management or $9.00/hr. At Cicis, they only paid me $8.00/hr. I work so hard and receive so little. Even as manager the pay was trash! I wasn't even paid time and a half. They say work hard and it will pay off. I work hard and what do these garbage companies do? Give me more work. F*** them! Sorry. Got a little pissed off there.

Of course I would work at a fast food restaurant or $11.80. That would be a blessing. Received so much sh** that I would gladly do almost anything for $11.80. If they give raise more often then I'll even work harder.

Yes I'll rather do it than to be homeless, hungry and no social life.

Most definitely. Come to think of it, I would not even mind working the Trail if I needed money that badly (Orange Blossom Trail = the road in Orlando, Florida where hookers [of both sexes] work. Working the trail is, however, not legal).

Ofcourse I would also sell my belongings on Ebay if not using them 

Well yeah. Who else will pay for my life? I would try to find another job though.

• Jane

I don't get why fast food resto work is considered by many people to be better than not working. The same people are happy to buy fast food and also happy to complain if they don't get good quality service from the chefs, cleaners, servers etc.

In terms of career, imagine explaining on your resume why you have no evidence to show your ideal employer that you can turn up reliably, fulfil an employment contract, work in a team, customer service skills,problem solving and decision making skills etc, and no employer reference. Or a gap on your resume where it seemed you were just 'looking for work', which looks weak.Or struggling for money/relying on family or state support when you could be earning it.

If this work is not your ideal job or longer term career direction, grab it as a step and make your plans to move forward into the future. Hospitality industry works well alongside further study to qualify for something you prefer, as it's flexible.

• Hockey

No, I would rather be homeless and beg for food.

Of course I would work at a fast food restaurant.

• Judy

sure woud....................

• Kyle

yes i would.  or retail.  or even consider the military.  they have hundreds of jobs that aren't all combat or infantry related.  plenty of skills you can learn that can translate to the civilian world.  not to mention the GI Bill to help pay for college as well when your service is done.  

warehouse, and even temp agencies i would look too as well. 

• Nuff Sed
      1 month agoReport

Military rather than a part-time job for some quick cash? Are you insane?

If i needed money yes.

• Ken S

You do what you have to do