AskZilla asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Does it matter what kind of meat you eat or is it all bad for us?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Meat isn't bad. We are meant to eat it. 

"because of all the processing and junk they add to it before it gets to our mouths"

My dude nobody here is arguing that processed meats are healthy. Is that what you meant by "what kind"? The kinds you want to avoid are hot dogs, lunch meat, chicken nuggets etc. Minimally processed meats like a fish fillet or a chicken thigh are healthy. 

And I am not wrong. People are meant to eat meat. You can just ya know, look at the human body and what we have been eating since forever to realize that. 

"Meat has bad things in it AND if is difficult to digest"

Almost everything has bad things in it. Plants (grains and vegetables) contain anti-nutrients but that doesn't mean we should avoid eating them. Fruit is high in sugar but that doesn't mean we shouldn't eat it. 

For some people meat might be hard to digest but again, this doesn't mean its bad for everyone. I cant digest watermelon. That doesn't mean its unhealthy. It might be unhealthy for me but its a healthy food for most people. 

• Steven
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

This is wrong to eat animals. There are a lot of things available to give you power. If we don't eat animals, then we do not survive with corona virus. This is the big reason. We have to stop eating chicken etc.  

Attachment image
    • hart
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I eat halal pork

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 month ago

Meat has been a huge part of the natural human diet for thousands of years. What do you think people in the frozen north ate all winter? Whale meat and plenty of animal fat. Fish. Or even bear meat. Whatever they could get. the may have eaten plants after the thaw and through the short summer.

In other climates, people killed animals when they could and until they started raising their own animals for food. They ate seasonal plants also, but those who experienced winter, didn't eat plants until the thaw -- they depended upon meat.

Meat is a natural source of human food. Can't get vitamin B12 and several other nutrients from any other source. Saturated fat is very good for the human body as well.

I don't know where people get this idea that meat is bad for us. Fish such as salmon and other fatty fish are some of the healthiest foods we can eat and a great source of omegas.

You might do some research on the most recent scientific dietary findings in the world. the Ketogenic Diet is one of the best... and also the carnivore/keto diet, believe it or not.

You can go to YouTube to read about these things.

People think Ketogenic is about bacon and cheese. Well NO it's not. It's about eating natural fats and whole healthy foods and nixing the processed foods which are all over the grocery store, padding manufacturer's pockets and making people really sick while they are at it.

For example, diabetes 2 is a current epidemic thanks to processed foods.

educate yourself.

• AskZilla
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Gee Einstein, perhaps people get the idea meat is bad for us because of all the processing and junk they add to it before it gets to our mouths....

• 1 month ago

A Lipizzan is a great dressage horse. A Clydesdale is a great pack horse. A tall skinny guy is a great bike rider. A medium sized skinny guy is a great track runner. A short stocky guy is a good lifter. A giant stocky guy #BrianShaw is a great weight lifter. And you're 5ft1 110lb gay friend from school is in fact the best ballet dancer known to man. We are bred like animals by the nature of nature.

Given the majority of the comments going pro-vegan cite digestive issues, I want to note I personally get constipated and end up with bleeding hemorrhoids eating anything but pure meat. Our gut bacteria, our dental structure, etc all go to speak to what we as blood lines are built to consume. Some of us are in fact biological, obligate vegans. Milk will in fact make you sick and weak and kill you. But the same is true for others. Some are obligate, biological carnivores who will prolapse their buttholes and die on infection if they even supplement too much veg and bread. The issue is assuming one's experience is the whole truth and one true god/chemistry/biology of everyone else on the earth.

To turn right back on what I just lamented, the one truth science seems to back me up on so far at the moment is that evolution and biology never had colostomy bags, tracheotomies, stints, full heart transplants, pacemakers, etc etc in mind. While we all love our grannies and want to see her even when she said in so many words by requesting a DNR that she is sick of it wants to die; the fact is a steak is meant to kill you. And that's good news in favor of steaks. Living to 110 as a head in a jar should not be our life goal. Like the cow you wish had a good life, we eat grass covered in **** locked in a cage before being slaughtered for someone else' consumption and consider that to be a life well lived.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not really. Any meat is fine in moderation.

• 1 month ago

Beef is not as good for you as poultry or fish.

• 1 month ago

It is not all bad for us, and yes, it matters some.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

humans are omnivores for a reason.

• Norman
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, it's all good protein.

• 1 month ago

Meat is good for protein and energy, it's not "bad"

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.