Can a company sack you for being to slow ?

I have been told a company can't sack someone for being to slow but I just fear they can when I am to slow I try my best all the time to speed up.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favourite answer

Of course they can.  If you want to keep your job - speed up a bit or find another job.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Lisa M
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You didn't mention what kind of company you work for? Is it an office setting. I'll assume it is. 

Write out a schedule for yourself. Try not to gossip, even if your workmates are. Take a short lunch. Come in a bit early and stay a bit late. Get a routine going each day so you can become more efficient at your job. Then they can't sack you unless they want a wrongful dismissal lawsuit.

• 1 month ago

Ofcourse

(Contact us If your want to find an office for lease in Viet Nam: https://lookoffice.vn/)

• 1 month ago

Yes, if you do far less work than everyone else (ie are to slow) then they are going to fire you, eventually. THey may call it a layoff, or whatever, but as you are sitting in the unemployment line you aren't particularly going to care what they called it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you were self employed then could make your own dead lines. I think you would be better off being self employed. Because you would have the option of being able to work at your own pace unlike if you were to work, for a company.

For example:

You could tell a potential client, or customer how long it would take you to do something.

I don't know how long you take to do something, but if you are not directly dealing with clients, or customers, and you are working in a company, for someone else then I think you could be sacked, for being too slow.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course they can. I don't know who told you they can't, but they don't know what they're talking about.

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can get fired for anything especially if you don't work as fast as they expect and other employees do. Why would you expect them to continue to someone who does an inferior job compared to anyone else they could get?

• 1 month ago

Sure they can. They might not admit that is the reason( being too slow) but if they want to get rid of you they will find a reason.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, the company CAN "sack" you for failure to perform your assigned tasks in a timely manner. If you can't keep up with others who are doing the same job, you won't be there long.

• 1 month ago

Sure they can. Many US states have laws that allow employers to fire a worker for no reason at all, and only causes of discrimination by birth group would be disallowed.

Being slow is not a birth group.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You can still be fired for an illegal reason; they may then owe fines or may owe you money,  but they do not owe you a job.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.