Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Not getting invited out by friends.?

Is it fair to expect an invite out to say a meal if the the two, three people attending all plan on coming round to your house afterwards?

This is getting even more common where my friends go out to do stuff, don t invite me then expect an invite into my house.

What bothers me is that it s not even the same friends, people come and go from our group and it always seems to be not invited to stuff.

I really don t know what to do because now I m super bored, I can hardly speak to them because we have nothing to talk about... I m really annoyed with them.

I just feel like an outcast all the time, I ve tried talking to them about it but they say I overthink things or that I was invited when I clearly wasn t.

We re supposed to be going on holiday to a villa with 6 bedrooms, they changed the date to my birthday without telling me then got annoyed when I told them I may not be able to do that date... And they said I have 24 hours to think about it.

We ve all paid the same however they ve all claimed rooms without me leaving me with the only single bed and potentially sharing with another friend so they get a cheaper holiday.

What should I do? I think I need more hobbies and to distance myself from these people, but they can t understand my point... they think I m the one being weird about all of this.

• Jenna

Make new friends. They seem like people who are inconsiderate to you and have taken advantage of your nice nature.

Well honey, these dont seem to be "friends" as in the one you hang around with all the time, tell secrets to have fights with etc.  They seem more like aquintances.  You need friends who are on the same page,  who think like you etc.  You do need to get yourself some truly good hobbies and find some other friends.  If you WANT to be part of a crowd, you have to be able to stand up for youself and be notices for yourself.  But why do you want to be noticed in a group rather than for yourself?

Get a hobby, and get some confidence by getting knowledge, you don't need a crowd, one good friend who respects you is better then 10 who dont.

How I sleep when my friends don't invite me somewhere:

Source(s): Just kidding. I don't even have friends.
  • Alan H

You do not need to have them back, unless you are part of the group 

Some people do that type of stuff - others don't.  That is the way they were brought up.  You probably get along in other ways (not expecting a free meal). So, go with that.

I’m in the same situation. When my group of friends get together they never invite me. I’m interested in the answer as well.

maybe you need different friends. Or maybe you could initiate an activity. It sounds like they make all the plans and you never do?

• JetDoc

Maybe you should find a better group of "friends".

How often do YOU invite THEM to go out?   I'm not talking coming to your house.   I'm talking going OUT.

Don't expect them to invite you anymore than you invite them.

Your friends plan a holiday trip with you on your birthday weekend which you plan to decline and yet here you are complaining that you never get invited anywhere.

Seek therapy.

I couldn`t even imagine being dependent upon others as much as you seemingly are.

• Jamie1 month agoReport

"Dependent on others" XD I have no family... if I want something I earn it... I moved out at 16 cause I couldn't go anywhere. Keep words like that to yourself XD you don't even know the definition of being independent be raised by mummy's side.