Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 1 month ago

Why do people always pretend they don't know why you dislike them?

There are people in my work place who I really don't like, for obvious reasons. They gossip, they cause tension and are just uncomfortable to be around so I just ignore them as much as possible

But they always act as if they don't understand why I'm being cold towards them, they always expect everyone to be kind to them... and they always ask others "why is he always grumpy?" "What is wrong with him?" etc.

Why are people like this? Are they just cowards?

• Chanel

just do not join in the gossip so that they cannot quote anything you have said.

Be polite and if you are uncomfortable with this gossip then take out your mobile and pretend to be doing something on it.

People gossip mostly cos it makes them feel better about their problems.

• Alan H

You cannot control their behaviour 

But you CAN control your reaction to it

And, instead of being casual and self controlled, you choose to be cold towards them.  There are other options than your determination not to be kind.

I was once the person who didn’t understand why people didn’t like me. In high school I always wondered why I was tough to stomach as a friend. Now a few years later through maturing and reflection I’ve know exactly the reasons but I’ll spare you the details for your sake. So these people at your work may genuinely not understand why you don’t like them. In the moment most people say and do what they believe to be the right thing for a variety of reasons. It’s not an excuse for bad behavior. I just have been on the side of not knowing why someone dislikes me and many people if not all the people I went to high school with will always see me as who I was in high school. You are doing the right thing by ignoring them but don’t let it make you like them. Just accept that maybe you and these people aren’t meant to like each other.

There's always one weirdo at every job who is cold towards me and I have no idea why. I get on fine with everyone else.

If you have a problem with someone, maybe it's better to talk to them about it. Passive aggression doesn't really solve anything.

The last girl who appeared to dislike me eventually quit. If she had ever bothered to tell me what her problem was, I would have cared enough to adapt to her preferences. Instead, she just made work uncomfortable for both of us.

If you don't like their behavior, you don't. But i see no reason to be unkind. Unless, of course, you think it's appropriate to stoop to their level

Are you an Atheist? Atheists ar blindsided because they cannot feel any LOVE! 

People that do Believe in GOD Keep real LOVE and caring for all others in them! 

• cody1 month agoReport

This isn’t necessarily true so can you keep your god out of it.

Nobody's perfect! You are there to work, of course, so try to focus more on that, rather than listening to what others are talking about during breaks or whenever. Why not create some sort of positive conversation. Use humour! Don't take silly gossip over seriously - that's all it is! They aren't plotting to poison you or steal your wife. Try to find things about them to like, and they will start to like you. Then life will get easier. 

It's because they don't want others to think they are bad people, so they act that way in order to make you look like the bad person for being unfriendly. So yes, they are cowards. They don't want to face up to the fact they are a problem and it's easier for them to act that way.

Why bother concerning yourself with the opinions and feelings of workmates you can't stand? 

I go to work to earn money. Leave the boss worry about the shitstirrers and the  drama they create.

How do you know they know?