why did my laptop go completely dead?

i got the hp probook 11 g2 i36100u last yr on ebay used. it was working perfectly til today. i tried charging nothing hapens. the orange light that blinks on the side while charging is gone. this laptop is dead. how can it jus go dead all of the sudden?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favourite answer

Before you toss out the computer, there are a couple of other things to try.  

First, take out the battery and unplug the charger. 

Press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. 

Now, plug in the charger (NO Battery) and see if it will boot.  If not, it very well could be your power charger that has gone bad. They can do that from time to time.  

Just to be sure, see if someone you know has one you can borrow that is the same brand.  If the unit still wont turn on, you may have motherboard issues.  

If you purchased a used laptop, this is common.  

• 9 months ago

Things to check"

The outlet is switched and turned off, or the breaker is tripped.

The charge cord is not fully plugged in.

The battery is not fully docked in the computer (HP usually transmits power to laptop through the battery.

The battery is shorted.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Try another charger?

• David
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Very easily, You bought a used laptop, nothing lasts for ever, it may be the power supply, a critical component on the motherboard such as a shorted capacitor or MOSFET. If it doesn't work with the charger disconnected i.e. it doesn't run on the battery either then it is unlikely to be a charging problem or a dead charger. There is no DIY fix, take it to a tech to see if it is economic to repair

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Power supply failure may be the culprit. Laptops are known for heat issues, which prematurely wears out components.

• 9 months ago

Age. ....................

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.