My Oil pressure is ALWAYS 96 psi in my Jeep?

I noticed a few months ago that my oil pressure is reading 96. My gage only has reading capabilities to read 0-110 so 96 seemed high, I did some looking into it and found out 96 is high. 

I thought maybe it was because I was way overdue on an oil change. Well I got my oil changed at the Jeep garage, who also told me I needed a new Air filter which my dad replaced for me the next day.

It’s been about a week and my pressure still sits at 96psi.

It literally is 96 ALL THE TIME. I have not seen it be higher or lower. I start the car it’s 96, I drive for an hour and it’s still 96 so there is no fluctuation to it either.

What could the cause of this be?

I have a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 

leave it alone

TL;DR        .

It's not GOOD< but it may only be a bad OIL PRESSURE SENSOR> or you are using an oil that is TOO THICK! I am NOT in love with jeep engines, in fact there should be a lawsuit for the 3,.7 and the 4.7 engines as they tend to dump rocker arms for NO REASON! They are engineered on the LOW SIDE< mostly! THANK GOD for the PENTASTAR ENGINES.  The WATER PUMPS on the other engines is like a tinker toy. I would ASSSUME that the oIL PUMPS may also be made cheaply! The best engine was the STRAIGHT SIXES! Very reliable. try replacing the OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT, and also check the wiring to it.  also POWER WASH THE ENIGE BAY WITH gunk orange originaL AT THE LOCAL diy CAR WASH. if YOU ARE USING Valvoline< STOP USING IT! iT creates SLUDGE AND VARNISH RUINS GASKETS AND SEALS OVER TIME! rubber DISITEGRRATES; AND no factory WILL USE IT! using Pennzoil platinum WILL GET YOU A 500.000 MILE EXTENDED engine warranty!. VALVOPLILNE is the most OVERRATED oil out there. and most engines in junk yards got there from using it or other WAX BASED oils!. it is refined using the oldest WAX REDUCTION methods and is made from ASH and TAR< so it returns to ASH AND TAR! YUCK! I CANNOT believe that even experienced technicians have NOT figured this out yet. 

• Amber2 months agoReport

I mean i wouldn’t think they’re using a too thick oil, it was done at a Jeep dealership...I’d like to think they’d know what kind of oil to put in it 

.........................

seems like the problem of the sensor

The first issue to me is are you using the right weight oil!

The second one is the oil pressure relief valve working!

The thing is the Jeep Cherokee's are notorious for failed sending units. See what the pressure is with the ignition in the run position with out the engine started. If it is reading pressure already then it is very likely the sender.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ACiyGFOAA0

Youtube thumbnail

• Amber2 months agoReport

And @funnel I figured I would at least get a couple options as to what it could be before taking it somewhere so I at least have an idea of what it’s gonna cost and am not hit blindsided if it’s gonna be a lot $$
      Or if it was not something super I’d just have my dad fix it 🤷‍♀️

• arther

test the sensor

Bad sensor>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

When you don't change the oil and filter every 3,000 miles or every 5,000 miles when using synthetic oil the oil pressure sending unit for the oil pressure gauge gets gummed up and read inaccurately Try changing it. You're also damaging the motor. The piston rings will seize up in the pistons and you'll burn more oil. Check the oil level every 1,000 miles and top it up s that it never gets below half way between the upper and lower dipstick marks..

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

You may have a faulty oil pressure sensor.