Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

Should I be worried about my cousin, and drug use?

So, my cousin who I'm not very close to has 2 kids. I think are both in their early teens. Middle school. Around 3 years ago, alot of people in my family though he, and his gf were using drugs. I'm pretty sure they were, because they acted pretty on edge all the time. I rarely communicate with my cousin, but I'm afraid hes using deugs, and afraid his kids are growing up in a bad environment. I don't even know his life very. Probably interacted with thim both maybe 3 times in their entire life. Would it be over the line if I confronted my cousin about this? Would I just seem like an asshole fo you think? I've seen recent photos of his kids on facebook. They look happy, and healthy. Well, his sons obviously overweight but... my cousin doesn't really look like hes on drugs. He looks pretty normal. Should I be worried? I really dont want to confront him. Would it he over the line if i called child protective services on him?

i would make sure you had proof of his drug use before you reported him

• Carson

I think people grow up. And there is nothing worse than inter-family gossip.

Yeah, you'd look like an azzhole. Talk, be his cousin. Be family. You may be pleasantly surprised.

First, child protective services is going to ask you what first hand knowledge you have of this situation and just how the kids are being abused or neglected.  What will you say?

This is really none of your business but if you want to, why not ask your cousin to meet you somewhere for coffee and ask him.  

• Nicholas4 weeks agoReport

Do you think I'd be a bad person if I just dropped it, and did nothing?