Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 8 months ago

What do I do with my son?

He doesn't respect me, he has no limits, if I take out his cell phone he starts to destroy the room


He is 12 years old

7 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Sounds like maybe a full psych assessment is in order.

  • 8 months ago

    It sounds like he is just throwing a pre-teen tantrum... that's unfortunate but it's not an impossible situation.

    Check out these two articles that discuss some practical ways parents can deal with tantrums:

    They are someone targeted for younger children but the principles are just as effective!

    You got this!

  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    maybe you should get him some counseling, it might help him out

  • 8 months ago

    Be the mom. He has learned that if he becomes violent, you will give him whatever he wants. Take the phone, and when he becomes violent call the police and tell them he represents a danger to himself and others. Three days in mental care should teach him that you are in charge. If he does it again, do the same thing. You cannot be held hostage by your kid.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Send him to a military school.

  • 8 months ago

    Call the police to take him to the nearest emergency room and ask about admission to a psychiatric adolescent hospital for him.  A good psychiatric adolescent program could be just what he needs.

    I'm not kidding.

  • Nicey8
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

    Bring him to see a counselor together with you.

    The Bible provides man with a way to live.

    Read Proverbs of the Bible and we will all be wiser and happier:

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.