Lifted truck all of a sudden riding rough?

The dealership is telling me it’s just my all terrain tires but I’ve had the truck for 8 months and it just now is riding rough and I feel every little bump in the road. They also are singing louder. They rotated and balanced tires and no change. What else can I do please help. 2018 F150 6 inch lift 35 tires 

10 Answers

Relevance
  • M.
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You lifted the truck??

Did you add something to make the shock absorbers rest in the center of their travel?

Some people do half a job.

• 4 weeks ago

Please test the air pressures of the tires, first!! I suspect air pressure too high.

Source(s): Long years of making car repairs.
  • 4 weeks ago

May be the front or rear U-joint is wearing abnormally poorly which is super common on any vehicle with a lift kit on them. Once you change the angle of the driveshaft, those u-joints will never last very long. Brothers truck is the same way. The u-joint bearings had worn away and the actual cups were what the interior piece of the u-joint was in contact with. They fail regularly on lifted vehicles. 

• Bort
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

They circled the main problem on the middle of the steering wheel and they put the rest of the problem in the mirror under the visor.

When you modify a vehicle it's not going to act the same. Lift kits make whatever they're put on ride rougher then they did. It's from the lift. If you also changed the suspension, which you have to when you put that much of a lift on a truck, that of course changes how the suspension is going to make the truck ride.

If your truck has always been singing songs to you you should see a doctor and tell them about that, include that you own and drive an F-word. They might put you in a jacket that'll fit well and keep your hands warm.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JetDoc
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Check your tire inflation pressures. It's possible that when the shop rotated and balanced your tires, they also adjusted the tire pressure, and now they are pumped up too high.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

If you put the old tires back on and it stops then it's the tires. If you don't like the way they ride then go back to the tire store and tell them you want something different

• 4 weeks ago

Too much air in the tires?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

i have an idea how about u stop compensation for what u have below the belt and get a practical economy car that will save u money and save the environment while ur @ it!

• arther
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

put the stock wheels back on and go for a drive and prove its coming from the tyres or not. Define rough?

• Harrison B4 weeks agoReport

Just like very bumpy, more than it has been last 8 months.

• Rick
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

maybe they have TOO MUCH air pressure in them ............

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.