Did the oil changer guy fixed my screeching break pads and not tell me?

So I went in for an oil change. My break pads makes loud screeching sound. but during the the oil change, I heard low pumping sound.. at that time I didn't know what it was and ignored it. now my car doesn't make screeching sound or am I crazy?

Favorite Answer

They refill the oil through the valve cover fill hole with a nozzle similar to a gas pump nozzle. 

If the noise went away on its own, then it may be the worst brake pad fell out and now the caliper cup is on the rotor and what was left of that brake pad is on the road somewhere. I've seen that a lot. 

Better get a free brake inspection at your favorite shop. 

Nope.  They wont get paid to do it.  Get your "breaks" checked by a competent garage.

• Probably the second option.

Screeching brakes can be caused by worn pads or shoes, or on drum brakes by a tail forming on the leading edge of the shoe.  They can be fixed by new pads or shoes, but you'd have been charged for that.  Get your brakes checked out before they let you down.

• Carson

It will show up again. Get your "breaks" checked.

• Barry

I doubt he did that for free. It's 'brake' btw.