Did the oil changer guy fixed my screeching break pads and not tell me?

So I went in for an oil change. My break pads makes loud screeching sound. but during the the oil change, I heard low pumping sound.. at that time I didn't know what it was and ignored it. now my car doesn't make screeching sound or am I crazy?

*loud pumping sound

Like loud hydraulic pumping sound and I was the only car there and the sound came from the car. I'm not sure i've ever heard that sound before getting an oil change

If he did fix it, then that's the nicest guy ever.

He might have done something and not even realized he 'fixed' the noise.

• Ray3 weeks agoReport

I'll just call him tomorrow and asked lol. if he did, then he's definitely a nice guy.

• Bort

The pumping sound you heard was probably the tech putting fresh oil back in your car. Most shops today have a pump something like (not exactly) a fuel gun at a gas station that's hooked up to an air system to put oil in vehicles, it's rare we use cans and bottles anymore. Especially if the shop does a lot of oil changes the air pump system is more efficient and quicker for them to use than manually dumping 5 quarts in one at a time.

It's not impossible he looked at your brakes and fixed it by bending the sensors that makes brakes squeak when they're low back to where the sensors are supposed to be. Those are a thin, little, metal bracket that does that that's easy to bend. He may have done that if he heard them squeaking while it was on the lift.

• Ray3 weeks agoReport

he has known about my bad brakes for a while. I keep postposting the brake pad fix so this time i guess he did it for me. i'm still going to replace them soon.

• ron h

The pumping sound was pumping oil into your car. They don't use cans / bottles of oil for the most popular oils.  The brakes?  It's likely that they added a little brake fluid and possible, but not likely, that they used an air hose to blow dust out of your brakes.

• Ray3 weeks agoReport

i told the guy i would be back next week to pay him for new brake pads as well, but that's the 3rd time I told him that everyitme i go there for an oil change. 

• ?

Maybe they lubed the front brake discs.

Not in his job description.  He was probably operating a pump to pump out or in the oil. Screeching is letting you know it will only be the cost of pads (not rotors) but do it YESTERDAY.  There is no warning light - just the screech sound.  Go to a brake shop while you can still STOP THERE.

• Ray3 weeks agoReport

My car screeched every single day for 4-5 months. I had this done yesterday.. so i drove a few hours yesterday and a few hours today... no sound at all. he muist've done something to the brakes. 

Oil change places have thousands of complaints for giving you the wrong service check to senior oil plug isn't loose. Thousands of people have had their engines destroyed from jiffy lube

• Ray3 weeks agoReport

how is that supposed to answer the question?